let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
OPEN HOUSE SAT & SUN 2-4 PM.Are you looking for spacious, convenience as well some privacy in your next home? This gorgeous corner unit town home features a large kitchen with tile floor, inviting large living room with gas fireplace as well as a huge private deck 600 sqft. You will enjoy near new hardwood floor in living room, dining room, bedrooms and stairs. Other notable features include that lower level ...
Well maintained four-storey apartment building with 28 units in the heart of Esquimalt. 16 two BR Suites, 11 one BR suites and one bachelor suite. Offering almost 4% cap rate. Close to downtown Victoria, all the amenities and on bus route. Please note that most rents are lower than the current market rents and there is a lot of potential to increase rents in the future. Call for more information.
EXCELLENT VALUE! BROADMEAD EXECUTIVE HOME / Custom built 4160 sqft west-coast style executive home situated on a quiet street in one of Victoria's most coveted and well established neighbourhoods. Offering a spacious open floor plan with 6 Bedrooms (including a large main floor master suite), 4 Bathrooms, Family Room, Rec Room, and a sunny south-facing backyard with ample outdoor deck space. Bring the in-laws...Listed by SOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY CANADA
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Gurcharan has lived in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia since 1980, and has been a licensed real estate agent with Pemberton Holmes since 1990 and is consistently among their top 10 or top 20 Realtors. His favourite thing about working in the real estate industry is working with his clients and meeting new people. Gurcharan also enjoys being an integral part of helping them through the exciting process of buying or selling their residential or commercial real estate.
When Gurcharan is not working with clients, he enjoys spending time with his family, his lovely wife of 35 years and three wonderful children. Gurcharan also enjoys reading and working out at the Victoria Athletic Club in the Hotel Grand Pacific. He is also very much involved in the Indian community in Victoria, and is proud to be a supporter of community events, as well as charity work among various city organizations.
Knowledge & Expertise:
With a Masters degree in Economics from Punjab University, India, fluency in three languages (English, Hindi & Punjabi), PLUS over 25 years of real estate experience, you can be certain that Gurcharan has the relevant knowledge and tools to guide you through all of your real estate needs.
Gurcharan can be reached anytime at:
Toll Free: 1-800-665-5303