let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Custom built home in excellent condition. Tiled entrance with double doors and glass block side windows, two skylights and a spiral staircase with glass railings. Hardwood floor in living area and a new carpet in the bedrooms. Master bedroom with 5 pce en-suite and a walk in closet. Sunken living room with gas fireplace. Large kitchen with an eating area and a family room off the kitchen with a gas fireplace....
POPULAR GORDON HEAD AREA. Here is a wonderful opportunity to purchase an affordable and spacious 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms home. The original house was built in 1952/53 and a second floor was added and finished in 1996. This makes it quite an attractive living space including living room with fireplace, large master bedroom with an original fireplace, stylish oak kitchen with island, attractive laminate flo...
Ideally located in the highly desirable Cordova Bay Neighbourhood just steps away from Mattick’s Farm Shopping, Lochside Trail / Park and 2 Golf Courses. This solid 1959 House is resting on a Large 10,172 square foot lot and features: Sunny South / West facing Deck & Patio, Private / Fenced backyard that is ideal for children and pets, multiple fruit trees, wood burning fireplace, deep garage with workshop ar...Listed by RE/MAX ALLIANCE
POPULAR UPTOWN AREA. Excellent large townhouse built in 1992. Corner unit with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.Newer laminate flooring in the living area. Master bedroom with en-suite full bathroom and a walk in closet. Recently painted, renovated kitchen with oak cabinets, corian countertop and stainless steel appliances. Renovated bathrooms with granite countertops. New carpet in the bedrooms, hallway and stairs...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015